Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015

I liked having a "theme word" for the year in 2014.  My word was "fearless."  When I reflect back I can say with little doubt that I absolutely made progress toward living life in a more fearless way.  I made conscious decisions  aimed at achieving this goal and I am proud and happy to say that I did.  This year my theme word will be "wellness."  The definition is a perfect explanation of what I want in the new year: "the quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort."

It's kind of a strange thing having set a goal and achieved it (though I feel like being fearless will always be a work in progress, I certainly have made great strides and will continue to do so).   I have never been one to set goals and actually follow through.   It makes me feel powerful and confident, two feelings that have been foreign to me for most of my life.  The "I can do anything I put my mind to" mindset is one that I never want to lose, so, I will continue to set goals, some big, some small, and I will reflect in a positive way, on the person I am becoming.  

Being healthy in mind and body are two things that I believe are deeply connected.  I am well on my way to a healthy mind.  I believe that continuing to work in that direction will have nothing but a positive effect on creating a healthy body.  To that end, I will continue to set goals; big, small, short and long term, and I will do what I have been doing all year: make decisions that help me achieve them.

There are many reasons behind why I chose the word "wellness" as my personal theme word for the year.  I want to feel better and look better are two big ones.  However, one of the biggest is my belief that in order to fulfill my purpose here on earth, though yet undefined,  I need to "be" better.  If I am not giving the best to myself, I will be incapable of giving it to others.  And, though I am still not quite sure what it is, I do know that my purpose here has, in some big way, something to do with giving back to the "world" that has given so much to me.  

For more on my inspiration behind this year's theme word and to follow me along on my journey, please join my new Facebook group!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/mirrormirroronthedojowall/

No comments:

Post a Comment